Thursday, December 19, 2013

My article on why Tollywood imports heroines from Mumbai


Yesterday i was watching the audio launch of the Telugu movie Uyyala Jampaala. Looks like a cute movie. There are quite few movies I easily get connected with. If you have watched the movie Ashta Chamma and the Telugu short films in YouTube by Mr.Productions, you would quite easily get associated. The feeling of seeing someone known  on the big screen, the feeling that someone has made it big after a lot of struggle is surreal.
Kudos to the Director and the lead hero Raj Tarun.

In the audio launch I felt something was badly missing. And I realized what I was missing till the movie's lead heroine gave entry. She is the lady who has ben in the Hindi soap Balika Vadhu which is dubbed in Telugu as Chinnari Pellikuturu. And, yeah I haven't ever watched any of these operas.
The director/producer don't know who said that he wanted this heroine as people have watched her in the serial and would come to the theater for her. And that she has a lot of fans.
Yes. He is right. This is quite possible. I know many who watch these serials and are big fans and know them by their serial character names.
ok. Fine. But why didn't they even get the hero from serials?
Why only import heroines from Mumbai?
Why not take the girls from Andhra itself?
And if you thought not many are pretty/act well in Andhra.. Look at this girl.
I find her very pretty.


And yeah I have seen her in many short films with the lead hero Raj Tarun.
Check out few of her  short films here and here

And now I must tell you about one more pretty girl- Shamin



This girl was my classmate. We've been lab partners also!
You must have seen her in few Serials. One serial that i happened to see her in is Santaan. Even this serial has been dubbed in Telugu and it comes at 10.30PM in Gemini TV. Name I forgot.

I am sure even she will be aspiring to be a heroine in Bollywood and be paired with Aamir Khan or Salman or anyone.
She might take the route Genelia, Shreya Saran, Ileana or other loads of heroines way by doing movies in the South and then probably settling here moving to Bollywood. For the money and love she gets in Tollywood very unlikely she would prefer Bollywood. However thats a different discussion.

We go to a movie, watch the beautiful heroines and register her name forever. We hardly realize the struggle they might have gone through to reach the eights.
So these are the two girls I have been seeing from long. I don't know how much they enjoyed their struggle, I don't even know if they are really aspiring to become heroines.

My question is why did the makers of Uyyala Jampaala  select a serial actress?

Looking at Shamin I feel Bombay imports are very hard working and dedicated and flexible.
No denying the same with Chandini also.

Apart from a reason that that the girl fit for the screen test, is there any other reason?

If both the girls above are trying for movies in Telugu, who has a better chance?
Who do I see first in the big screen?
The local Telugu Vizag beauty Chandini or my classmate Shamin?

I would love it if the film makers of Uyyala Jampala  tell me why they prefer Bombay girls and  Chandini or Shamin answering if they are aspiring for movies!

PS: I have spoken about only 2 girls and not about Raj Tarun or the Uyyala Jampaala heroine.
Its only because I am a big fan of these 2 girls(Ahem Ahem!!) and as a fan, I have a right to comment on them.. (Eh? :-p)

Waiting to see them in movies. All the best you ladies!!


No comments: